Mrs. Marple's Homepage
Mrs. Marple 7th grade English Language Arts
If at anytime you have questions or concerns, please contact me here at Lakeside Junior High, 993-2618 ext. 21102 or by e-mail email@example.com. I will promptly respond and try to resolve any conflicts/concerns as they arise.
December Common Core Objectives
L.7.4 Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 7 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies.
L.7.4.A Use context (e.g., the overall meaning of a sentence or paragraph; a word's position or function in a sentence) as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase.
L.7.4.C Consult general and specialized reference materials (e.g., dictionaries, glossaries, thesauruses), both print and digital, to find the pronunciation of a word or determine or clarify its precise meaning or its part of speech.
L.7.4.D Verify the preliminary determination of the meaning of a word or phrase (e.g., by checking the inferred meaning in context or in a dictionary).
RI.7.1 Cite several pieces of textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
RI.7.2 Determine two or more central ideas in a text and analyze their development over the course of the text; provide an objective summary of the text.
RI.7.5 Analyze the structure an author uses to organize a text, including how the major sections contribute to the whole and to the development of the ideas.
Integration of Knowledge and Ideas:
RI.7.7 Compare and contrast a text to an audio, video, or multimedia version of the text, analyzing each medium's portrayal of the subject (e.g., how the delivery of a speech affects the impact of the words).
SL.7.2 Analyze the main ideas and supporting details presented in diverse media and formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively, orally) and explain how the ideas clarify a topic, text, or issue under study.
Lakeside Junior High Daily News
Technology Lessons, Review, & Games
- Typing Shark - http://get.games.yahoo.com/proddesc?gamekey=typershark
- Typo II - http://playwithyourmind.com/online-brain-games/typing-games/typo-ii/
- TypeRacer - http://play.typeracer.com/
- Typeroids - http://www.kongregate.com/games/wallofgame/typeroids
- Keyman - http://www.typingmaster.com/games/keyman.asp?keys=abcdefghijklmnopqrstuv...
- Keyboard Revolution - http://freetypinggame.net/play15.asp
- Dance Mat Typing - http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/typing/
- Z-type - http://phoboslab.org/ztype/
- ALPHA MUNCHIES - http://www.abcya.com/kids_typing_game.htm
- Typing of the Ghosts - http://www.softschools.com/games/typing_games/typing_of_the_ghosts/
Hope these typing games will help your students to show faster typing speed and better accuracy.
Test their speed at http://www.ratatype.com/typing-test/